Table of Contents
If you are into fitness activities such as running and hiking, the normal headphones won’t suffice. You need headphones that are sweatproof, wireless and doesn’t tend to slip easily.
There are a lot of options available in the market, so you need to make sure that you are paying heed to all the considerations. In this article, we are going to compare Bose SoundSport vs Powerbeats 3.You may also like to read:
Both of these companies are known for their high-quality headphones and their durableness. Let us find out which one should you buy out of the two.
- Excellent bass quality
- Comes with a charging case
- Trendy design
- Comes with an app that helps you locate your missing headphones
- Battery life isn’t much impressive
- Does not come with a tangle-free cable
- No low battery level indicator
- Impressive battery life
- Great sound quality
- Easy pairing with an iPhone. However, they can also pair with an Android device
- It comes with special hooks to make the headphones remain steady over your ears.
- Comes in different attractive colors
- Not waterproof
- According to some reviews on Amazon, they tend to break very easily
- Can lead to discomfort if used for a prolonged period
Bose SoundSport Wireless vs Powerbeats 3 | Comparison 2018
The design of Powerbeats 3 is similar to that of its previous version, i.e., Powerbeats 2.
The special hooks present to prevent the headphones from falling out while you are working out or doing any other outdoor activity. For having a noise-canceling effect, these headphones come with a collection of ear pads that you can use.
- The Powerbeats 3 headphones look stylish and are available in various colors such as flash blue, turf red, siren green, and brick red.
The ear pads also come with remote control for easily answering calls, changing tracks and increasing or decreasing the volume. However, these headphones are not water-resistant and hence should be used carefully around water.
- Bose SoundSport headphones are not waterproof, but they can handle your normal sweat and rain. These headphones are also available in 4 colors which are cotton, aqua, black, and power red. A clip with adjustable length comes handy with the headset which let you attach the set comfortably to your clothes
2. Battery Life
In the Bose SoundSport vs Powerbeats 3 comparison, we found that Powerbeats 3 is definitely a winner when it comes to battery life.
- The battery life of Powerbeats 3 is pretty impressive. It gives you 12 hours of battery life. Also even once the battery life is over, you can do super-fast charging for 5 minutes which gives you another 60 minutes of uninterrupted music. These headphones also come with a battery indicator which lets you know when your headphones battery is low.
- The battery life of Bose SoundSport is not as good as that of it’s rival Powerbeats 3. It only provides you with 6 hours of uninterrupted music. However, it comes with an attached inbuilt battery case with the headphones that can charge the earbuds 3 times extra providing you with an additional 18 hours battery life.
- Powerbeats 3 equipped with Apple’s latest customized Bluetooth chip known as w1. This makes the pairing of headphones with Apple devices extremely easy. You can also connect any Android devices with these headphones.
The connectivity is strong and without any glitches. To connect, all you have to do is to place the headphone near your Apple device and wait for the notification to pop up on the screen.
The range of the connection is also excellent at about 100 feet.
- The Bose SoundSport’s connectivity range is similar to other standard headphones available in the market which is 30 feet. These headphones do come with NFC features which makes it easier while connecting to Android devices.
- The Beat headphones are famous for emphasizing on the bass, and the Powerbeats 3 is no different. The sound quality is similar to that of Beats2.
You can increase the volume to the maximum without distorting the quality of the music. These headphones are thus ideal when you are working out. However, in a relaxed environment, you wouldn’t find them much impressive.
- When you think of the company Bose, the first thing that comes to our mind is amazing sound quality, and SoundSport does not disappoint. The sound quality is rich and very clear at normal volume.
However, if you are those type of people who prefer to listen to music at maximum volume or if you are stuck in some noisy environment, you wouldn’t be quite satisfied. Bose SoundSport’s volume cannot increase to the maximum level.
Even though both the headphones are very similar and made for the same type of people, there needs to emerge a winner.
For us, Powerbeats 3 is the winner as it is clearly better when we talk about important things such as battery life, color variety, and sound quality. However different people have different preferences. Hence;
You Should Purchase Powerbeats 3 IF:
- Want your headphones to be a little less expensive
- Generally, use your headphone in noisy locations or while working out
- Use an Apple device as the connectivity is much simpler
- Don’t like charging your headphones again and again
- If you prefer noise-isolating headphones
You Should Purchase Bose SoundSport IF:
- You want your music to be rich and with much clarity
- You are okay with 6 hours of battery life
- You want your headphones to be water-resistant
- If you want to buy light headphones (Weight 23 grams; the weight of Powerbeats 3 headphones: 24 grams).